Position: Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant
We’re seeking a marketing virtual assistant to support our multiple internal digital marketing activities. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, highly motivated professional with strong organization skills, excellent English writing skills, detail-oriented, and a problem solver who enjoys continual learning.
As the marketing virtual assistant, you will be integral team member. You’d be in charge of implementing many important marketing strategies that will help move the company forward, grow it’s brand name, client base, while also learning about our company’s internal sales, marketing and implementation processes.
Minimum Skills Required
- Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role
- 3+ Years of digital marketing experience
- Have powerful writing skills, as writing content is a big part of this role
- Ability to work independently, and solve problems/challenges on your own.
- Ability to learn new information and new tools quickly and efficiently. Self-learner, Self-starter who can find out online just about by doing a Google search
- Highly organized and able to multitask, deadline sensitive and task-oriented • Pays VERY STRONG attention to detail
- Interested in growing in the marketing industry.
- Technology skills: Using Google docs, calendar, a CRM, a project management system, basics of Google analytics, basic HTML/CSS for editing webpages on a CMS.
- Has the ability to log and track their work hours invested, ideally already uses a software for this.
- Ideally has a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications and/or holds technical certifications.
- Is super tech savvy and easily gets around online tools.
- Proficient in using a CRM system (We use AgileCRM) and all of it’s related activities: Saving new contacts, creating tasks, assigning tasks, creating deals/opportunities, following up with tasks, writing down notes, etc.
- Proficient in using a project management system, we use ActiveCollab (If you’ve never used this type of software, you should be super tech savvy and we’ll teach you how.
- Prior experience in working at a marketing agency or creative shop is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong performance in prior roles with outstanding execution, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Passionate about marketing, entrepreneurship, and technology
Tasks & Job Duties
General Marketing Activities
- Amazing at conducting research online, writing down notes, creating summaries, Excel lists and provide simple, short reports of finding.
- Sales-related online research to find new potential clients, based on target market • Editing of basic content on a Wordpress and/or Joomla website
- Basic copy writing for E-mail communication
- Assist with promotional copy writing for ads, fliers, newsletters
- Research, schedule and RSVP for networking and/or speaking events on behalf of company’s owner.
- Scheduling meeting, confirming meetings, etc
- Researching and locating additional VAs or skilled freelancers on Fiverr or other platforms as needed to complete future projects (both internally and for other clients).
Social Media Management
- Social Media Management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+), must use Sendible.com (Like Hootsuite) as well as using some platforms directly, such as Facebook
- Scheduling posts, answering to comments, actively engaging with users, etc.
- Use of email marketing programs to create and send marketing emails (Mailchimp.com)
- Ability to setup drip (automated) email campaigns on ActiveCampaign.com, AgileCRM or similar software
What we won’t ask you to do:
- Professional graphic design, SEO, SEM, Facebook advertising, sales funnels, professional copywriting, professional web design or development and anything that requires higher end skills. Have those skills? Let us know!
Although optional, our company will favor those candidates who're interested and willing to take online courses to learn the fundamentals and ongoing new trends in digital marketing,.
- Courses will be provided to you at no cost, as we want to invest in our team. We believe the right training and tools will help both you and our company grow.
Your continuing education is to be completed outside of work hours, which means we don’t provide paid training, but we do provide and pay for the resources for you to learn.
You must be hungry, smart, motivated, and proactive to build the skills necessary to advance quickly to Marketing Manager and, ultimately, to Marketing Director.
The most important thing to provide during the interview is examples of marketing you've done.
- Hours required: 10-20 per week, with potential for full time (40 hours).
- Compensation: Based on experience, from $5 -10 USD/hour.
- Work Hours: We’re flexible, but will give preference to those who can work during California time (PST) between 9am to 6pm.
- Location: All of the work may be done remotely.
How to Apply
Fill out our job application online:
Please don’t send your CV by email. Your first test is seeing if you follow directions ;-)