How Blogging Helps Improve Your E-commerce Sales
1. Helps Increase Your Organic Traffic
When you’re trying to increase sales for your e-commerce, you need to take a step back. Ask yourself the following question:
Q: What happens before sales?
A: A page visit.
In order for someone to buy something from your e-commerce, they first need to visit it.
Luckily for you, blogging can help you increase your organic traffic, and have more people learn about you and your e-commerce business.
Running a blog is the easiest way for you to add backlinks to your online store.
But, what are backlinks?
- Backlinks are incoming links to a webpage. To put it simply, those are links you place on webpages other than your own, to point out to it.
For example, you can write a blog about “10 best gadgets for college students” and place backlinks for those gadgets in your online store.
It’s a way of informing people about your business and making it easy for them to find you. In addition, it boosts your search engines ranking and helps you beat your competition.
2. Raises Brand Awareness
People nowadays search for all kinds of different information online. If you manage to provide the information, you might be able to catch their attention and inform them about your business, as well.
Let’s break it down a bit using a real-life example.
- You are a new mom, wanting to buy a stroller for your baby. However, you know nothing about strollers, their quality, or features.
- You type “how to choose a stroller” in your Google search
- As a result, you get an article titled “How to choose a stroller?” published on BabyList.com
- You read the article and realize this website also sells strollers, so why not take a look at their online store?
Not to mention they’ve added backlinks to strollers in their online store.
It’s that simple.
All you have to do is provide the information people need and you’ll be able to give them a push in the right direction, possibly turning them into customers.
3.Establish Trustworthiness, Build Trust
As we’ve covered above, people might find out about your business by simply looking for useful information online. It is then your job to provide the information and be in the right place at the right time.
However, you’re not only helping them find out about you. You’re also building trust and showing them you’re reliable as a brand.
Here’s how it works:
- People look for information online
- They read your article which is valuable, informative, supported by facts and statistics
- They are satisfied with what they’ve learned from you
- They feel they can trust your business
If you show quality in your written content, people are more likely to believe you’ll show quality in your actual sales. That’s why you should use blogs to establish trustworthiness with your customers.
4. Allows You to Make Use of Keywords
If you know anything about SEO (search engine optimization), you know something about keywords.
In case you don’t know why keywords are important, let us explain.
Here’s what you need to know about keywords:
- Those are words or phrases which describe what your content is about
- Google uses keywords to determine whether your content is relevant for a search
- If you perform keyword research and find the right keywords to include in your content, your content will rank higher in Google search results and more people will learn about you
You can use keyword search tools to see which keywords will perform best and make your content rank higher. As a result, more people will visit your website and potentially become shoppers.
It’s one of the essential features of valuable content that both your readers and search engines will appreciate.
5. It’s a Great Way of Interacting with Customers
Creating emotional bonds with your customers will help you turn them into loyal, long-term customers who always come back to your e-commerce.
Writing a blog is one of the ways to do it:
- You provide information and ask for feedback
- You read readers’ comments and reply to them
- You ask questions about future posts and write what they’d like to read about
This makes your readers feel familiar with you and closely attached to your brand. And that’s a sales booster right there.
6. Allows You to Tells Your Story
Another way to permanently win over customers is to make them a part of your e-commerce family, and your story.
You can use your blog to show people some “behind the scene” moments and familiarize them with your brand even more.
You could write blog posts about:
- Your team members
- Your offices and departments
- How you handle orders and sales
- Why you love your job
You can write about some more personal details from your business life and help people feel deeply connected to you.
It will definitely increase customer retention and boost your sales.
7. It’s an Efficient form of Indirect Marketing
Finally, the main idea behind content marketing is to advertise your business in a less invasive and a subtler way.
Most people don’t like to have others convince them to buy or do anything. That’s why content marketing might work better than your typical advertising.
It can help you:
- Reach more people indirectly
- Advertise subtly yet efficiently
- Raise awareness of your brand by being present in trending topics and just mentioning your business
It the perfect recipe for boosting your sales without having to be overly invasive or spend thousands of dollar on straight-forward advertising.
As you can see, content marketing and blogging can help you launch your e-commerce higher and boost your sales immensely. All you have to do is follow the guidelines provided above and ensure you’re acting according to a wisely created blogging strategy.
Read the advice above carefully, and start blogging your way up immediately.